Making your own energy balls is very simple and inexpensive. The hardest decision is choosing what goes into them!⠀
- Protein & healthy fats – nuts, seeds, nut butter
- Sweetener – medjool dates, maple syrup, agave, honey
- Binder – coconut oil ⠀
Cacao powder, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, goji berries, tahini, protein powder, sesame seeds, matcha powder etc⠀
CACAO ALMOND ENERGY BALLS (makes 12)⠀
2 tbsp desiccated coconut⠀
2 tbsp cacao powder ⠀
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted⠀
2 tbsp maple syrup⠀
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Blitz the almonds and desiccated coconut into a flour in a food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil. In a bowl mix the flour with the cacao powder and salt.
- Add the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and mix well to combine.
- Using your hands roll into even sized balls and pop in the freezer for an hour.
*Optional – roll the balls in some more cacao powder or chopped nuts or desiccated coconut or sesame seeds before freezing.