Got some coconut flour hanging around looking sad? These coconut pancakes from @wellplated are really quick and easy to make, no special equipment needed! They are gluten and grain free and also low carb.⠀
1/3 cup 0% fat greek yoghurt ⠀
3 large eggs⠀
2 tbsp honey⠀
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted⠀
1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
1/2 tsp baking powder⠀
1/4 tsp baking soda⠀
1/4 tsp salt ⠀
1/4 cup coconut flour⠀
- Melt the coconut oil and leave to one side.
- In a large bowl whisk together the greek yoghurt, eggs, honey and vanilla extract then add in the coconut oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sieve in the coconut flour and fold it in using a spatula until no large lumps are visible. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt some coconut oil or butter in a large pan on a low to medium heat (no higher or pancakes will burn before they’ve cooked through)
- Scoop tablespoon size dollops of the batter onto the pan and leave to cook until the edges start to firm and bubbles appear on the surface.
- These pancakes are delicate so take care flipping. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.⠀
*For dairy free option substitute greek yoghurt for coconut.
*I don’t think these coconut pancakes would work well with an egg substitute but feel free to try!